Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New Beginnings!

I thought that I would start this blog mainly to help me get thru some hard times. I am starting a new adventure, if you want to call it that, of being a single parent. After 20 years of marriage me and my husband have separated. We have been separated for about 2 months now. He just moved into his own place.
Even though I am the one who told him to move out, it wasn't an easy decision. I felt like I had to do what was best for me and my kids. My husband isn't a bad person, but just made bad decision. We both did.
Other events that are going on are that I have had to put my dad into a assisted living home because of dementia. I have also found out things about my dad that have not been pleasant! Makes it real hard to take care of him, but I do realize that he is my father, and I have that responsibility to take care of him until he has passed on. I feel that is what my mother would want us kids to do.
I also am dealing with a very angry 14 year old boy. I love my son dearly, and it is so hard to watch him be so angry at the world and his family. He has been this way for about 5 years, and it seems to just get worse. He is on his second probation, and he has been on house arrest for about 5 months now. Has no desire to get off, no desire to go to school. I so need someone that can reach him and make him realize that this is not the way to spend your life!!
I also have a daughters that are amazing girls. One is in College and the other is a sophomore in High School. Then I have a six year old. He is the funniest little guy!
On a happier note, I am really trying to make things better in my home! I have a feeling that I will be learning a lot of skills to take care of my home! That will be awesome in itself. I can't wait for the experiences that are ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment