Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chapters.........






What are chapters? Chapters are divisions in a book or in this case life! We have many chapters in life. When we are born is the first chapter. We grow, we learn how to talk, walk, emotions, we gain more strength. The second chapter of life, I think, is our toddler years. We learn so much in that time. Our brain develops more, We learn how to communicate more. We learn more about boundaries. We even learn about relationship in some ways! The third chapter in life is ages from 5 to 12. Those are learning experience. Where we really learn about the world around us, where we gain our independence. Fourth chapter is the teenage years. Oh those wonderful teenage years. We learn about love, we learn more about friendships and hardships. We learn about sexuality. We learn about our bodies. Then come the fifth chapter in life, Young Adults. Wow! Spread those wings. Use the things that we were taught as kids. Live our lives independently. Sixth chapter actual Adulthood. So much more goes on in the adulthood. Sometimes I think that we go back and have to learn all over again about relationships. We have to learn to be independent, but also dependent on someone else. Trust, Honesty, respect, loyalty, and dependability. Of course, all those aspect we learn through all the Chapters of life, but we really don't depend on all of them until we are adults. We don't take advantage of them thru all the chapters except last two chapters of life, 6 and 7. Where we expect people to be able to be honest, to be true, loyal, respectful, and dependable. 

Do we actually know how to use those traits. I think that some people do and some don't, or they think they know. 
I have gone thru the last three years trying to figure out how to use these tools in life. How to keep this tools well tuned. Have done this? Probably not. I am not perfect. No one is. I still have a hard time telling certain people my true feelings. I am always worried about how it is going to affect them. That I don't want to hurt them. I am finding out that in the long run if I am not honest and respect someone, I will still inevitably hurt them. It will still happen. It will still come to pass, but probably more exploded than if I had just been honest in the beginning. 

How is this affecting our lives. Well, it affects our lives tremendously, because we are not teaching our children the right way to go thru life. Our actions, our way of life, become a vicious circle because we are not learning the right way, and we are not teaching our kids the right way to live life. To have a full, healthy and happy life! I can't even say I have a full, healthy, and happy life. So which means my kids don't have a that either. So basically we are robbing our kids of this. I am not saying my kids or me are not happy. That we don't enjoy life, but I know that there are more tools to learn for the chapters in our life to come together. There is a way to be balanced in life. To know how to use the tools of trust, honesty, loyalty, respect, and dependability, so that we have a full and rounded life.

My year resolution for 2016 is not only to lose weight and become healthier, but to also learn how to have a well rounded and balanced life, and to teach my kids this.




1 comment:

  1. It is better to shut you mouth rather than say something bad

    ReplyDelete