Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Divergent.....

This last week I went to go see this movie! Awesome movie! But it made me think about our different aspects of our lives! There are five different groups that the community was put into. When you became of age you were tested to see what group you would be in. Now most of them would pass as the group they were already in. But at the next day you were able to choose what group you wanted to be in. Now there was some kids that were tested that could be any of the five groups. They were called divergents.
Dauntless: dedicated to courage, bravery, and fearlessness. Dauntless Manifesto: "We believe that cowardice is to blame for the world’s injustices. We believe that peace is hard-won, that sometimes it is necessary to fight for peace.
Abnegation: the one and only faction that is dedicated to selflessness and forgetting oneself for the sake of others. Abnegation Manifesto:  "I will be my undoing If I become my obsession.
I will forget the ones I love If I do not serve them.
I will war with others If I refuse to see them.
Therefore I choose to turn away from my reflection,
To rely not on myself
But on my brothers and sisters,
To project always outward
Until I disappear.
and only God remains."
Candor: they value honesty. Candor Manifesto:"Dishonesty is rampant, Dishonesty is temporary, Dishonesty makes evil possible." 
Erudite: The one and only faction dedicated to knowledge, intelligence, curiosity, and astuteness.
Erudite Manifesto:
                                            We submit the following statements as truth:
  1. 'Ignorance' is defined not as stupidity but as lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge inevitably leads to lack of understanding.
  2. Lack of understanding leads to a disconnect among people with differences.
  3. Disconnection among people with differences leads to conflict.
  4. Knowledge is the only logical solution to the problem of conflict.
Therefore, we propose that in order to eliminate conflict, we must eliminate the disconnect among those with differences by correcting the lack of understanding that arises from ignorance with knowledge.
Amity: the one and only faction that is dedicated to peacefulness, kindness, forgiveness, trust, self-sufficiency, and neutrality
Amity Manifesto: Trust
A son says to his mother:
“Mother, today I fought with my friend.”
His mother says: “Why did you fight with your friend?”
“Because he demanded something of me, and I would not give it to him.”
“Why did you not give it to him?”
“Because it was mine.”
“My son, you now have your possessions, but you do not have your friend. Which would you rather have?”
“My friend.”
“Then give freely, trusting that you will also be given what you need.”
  • Self-Sufficiency
A daughter says to her father:
“Father, today I fought with my friend.”
Her father says: “Why did you fight with your friend?”
“Because she insulted me, and I was angry.”
“Why were you so angry?”
“Because she lied about me.” (In some versions: “Because I was hurt by her words.”)
“My daughter, did your friend’s words change who you are?”
“No.”
“Then do not be angry. The opinions of others cannot damage you.”
  • Forgiveness
A husband says to his wife:
“Wife, today I fought with my enemy.”
His wife says: “Why did you fight with your enemy?”
“Because I hate him.”
“My husband, why do you hate him?”
“Because he wronged me.”
“The wrong is past. You must let it rest where it lies.”
  • Kindness
A wife says to her husband:
“Husband, today I fought with my enemy.”
Her husband says: "Why did you fight with your enemy?”"
“Because I spoke cruel words to her.”
“My wife, why did you speak cruel words to her?”
“Because I believed them to be true.”
“Then you must no longer think cruel thoughts. Cruel thoughts lead to cruel words, and hurt you as much as they hurt their target.”
  • Involvement (Used to be part of the Manifesto but later got taken out)
One friend says to another:
“Friend, today I fought with my enemy.”
The other friend says: “Why did you fight with your enemy?”
“Because they were about to hurt you.”
“Friend, why did you defend me?”
“Because I love you.”
“Then I am grateful.”
Divergent: relating to or being an infinite sequence that does not have a limit or an infinite series whose partial sums do not have a limit .
 
So where do each of us fall into? Which faction are we or are we a Divergent?
I would hope that we are all different that we are not all Divergent, but we are each in a different faction.
What am I?
I am not sure what faction I fall into.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment