Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Obstacles and Strengths....

So I saw these two quotes today at my counselor's office. The first one is by Michael Jordan.
"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go thru it, or work around it."
The second is by Rikki Rogers.
"Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't."
I have definitely had a lot of obstacles in my life for the past year, and unfortunately they are not done. It seems like I think that everything is going ok, then I get slapped in the face on how stupid I am. Not necessarily stupid, but maybe naive. Or I am easily fooled. Why do I seem to always go back to that I can't do anything right, that I am stupid, I don't know what I am talking about person. I thought that I was passed that. That I had gained a better self esteem of myself. But I still let Gerald affect me that way in some dealings with him.
I am going to have to start doing what the quotes says about obstacles. Just figure out away to not let it affect me. To be able to stand up to him and not back down. That will become my new strength. I will be able to overcome this too, and it will be another strength that I have gained. Another build to my self esteem. Another notch in my belt so to speak. Another one of lives lessons that I will learn.  
I guess that I really needed to see these quotes today! It is funny how when you need something to inspire you or to help you with a problem. You usually get an answer somehow, someway.



No comments:

Post a Comment