Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Obstacles.......

Why is it that when you want something so much there has to be an obstacle in the way of you getting it. Is it so that you have to work harder to obtain what you want? I would really like to know. 
Waiting for this divorce to happen is becoming an obstacle in what I want or what I want to do in my life now. I hate obstacles. 
I know that obstacles, better known as challenges are suppose to make us stronger. I realize they are there to teach us, to make life interesting and meaningful. 
The great question is am I the obstacle? Am I stopping myself from getting what I want in this life? Thinking about it there is probably some truth to that. I think that we go thru life scared of the unknown. Scared of changes in our lives. So those obstacles or challenges that are in my life are ones that I need to face head on so that I can go on with life. Obtain the obtainable.
I was looking up some scriptures on obstacles, but they don't have it on obstacles. They have scriptures on adversity. Yes, I looked in the scriptures! Don't fall over! But there is one scripture that I came across it is in  2 Nephi 2:11. I think that this was a seminary scripture. It says "For it must needs be, that there is opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good or bad. Wherefore, all things must be must be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remains as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility." So what does it come down to ...We have to have these obstacles in our lives in order to know the happiness when we obtain what we desire. Does it make it easier to go thru? NO! Does it make the desire more precious to us because of what we had to go thru to obtain it? YES!
Those obstacles in our lives we need to cherish because they make us who we are! They give us strength to endure! They make life more interesting and meaningful. 
So remember that it may be an obstacle, but if you endure, and you work thru the obstacle, not give up, you will become that more interesting. Have a more meaningful life.
ENJOY YOUR LIFE! ENJOY YOUR OBSTACLES!


No comments:

Post a Comment