Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Balance and addictions.....

I wasn't going to post today, but got thinking, that what realized today in counseling was worth posting. Maybe it will help me find that balance in life and help curb my addiction.
 
Now you probably think, addiction is like cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol. Well it involves anything that you obsess over. So mine is junk food and soda. I didn't realize how much of addiction until my counselor broke it down for me. So hold on to your socks. I spend 2,184 dollars a year just on soda. That is 15 cans a day, 840 oz a week, and 43,680 oz a year. Totally shocked that pants of me. Couldn't believe that I drank that much soda. Yikes! So we figured out that I probably spend about 1 month and a week in a half or 1 hour of an 8 hour work day on soda alone! That is way to much hard earn money to spend on soda!
 
The balance part of this is that I need to learn to balance my life out. I need to balance physical, social, spiritual, mental, financial, and emotional. How do you do that? I have never been able to balance anything, especially financial. Hope I can learn how to balance my life out. Learn to do things in moderation. LETS GET BALANCE BACK IN OUR LIVES!
 
Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony. Thomas Merton 

No comments:

Post a Comment