Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Relationships......

 

To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.  ~Doménico Cieri Estrada

Well I decided to write on relationships today! Since mine is on a different road these days!
                 It is hard to have a relationship with people in general. There are so many different types of relationships that are out there. You have your best friend relationship. Now that one is one of basically unconditional love. Whatever you do you are always there for each other. My best friend is always there for me and I would hope that she feels the same way. I don't know what I would do without her. We have gotten ourselves thru some pretty fun times and rough times. She is basically my sister. This relationship will always be here for years.
 
Then you have the acquaintances. Now those are just there. You laugh, you might even cry with them. But you don't ever tell your deepest darkest secrets to them. That is for the best friend.
 
The pass bys. Oh I haven't seen you for years! How are things going, etc.
The love of your life relationship. The Mr & Mrs. That relationship should be your other best friend. That relationship is the one that you share intimacy with, your deepest dark secrets, you are with thru the hard times and the good times. The one that you can sit in a room and not have to talk. That you are comfortable with enough that you can fart in bed with. The one that if you are the closest to. Yes you have your best friend, but your spouse should always be the one that you are closest to.
 
I thought that I had that kind of relationship with my husband! And maybe we did at some point. But if you don't nurture that relationship, it goes. Just like the saying says, you have to know when to go away, and when to make it stronger. Me, I had to let it go away, so that we could have a friendly relationship for our kids sake. Now our relationship has gone to the acquaintance stage. Where we might laugh with each other, we could have fun with each other, but the intimacy is gone.
 
I hope at some point that we can get the best friend relationship back. Because he is the father of my kids. We will always be together because of that. I want to be able to sit in a room with him and not feel like I am an acquaintance with him. That we are close and best friends.
 
So a broken relationship is like a death. We will go thru the mourning period, but hopefully get the best friend relationship back together for our children.



No comments:

Post a Comment